Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rain Keeps Falling on my Head...


(Clockwise: Hunter x Jimmy Choo, KORS by Michael Kors, Chooka, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Kate Spade, Givenchy, Vivienne Westwood, YSL)



With the rainy season upon us, it's time for me to temporarily put away my favorite suede, silk, and cloth shoes and bring out the rubbers. Of course, this time of year is the perfect excuse to stay at home sleeping in or curl up on the couch, slowly making your way through your entire book collection, going to the movies, sitting in cafes for hours, and department store shopping (the rainy season is devastating on your wallet, you see).

But sometimes you do need to go outside, and when the time comes, rubber shoes can be your best friends while maneuvering through the thousands of puddles on crowded sidewalks.

The obvious choice for any rainy day are rain boots, of course. Luckily more and more designers have started rolling them out, so they're not the boring fishermen variety of years past. A lot of them even have heels now, which I absolutely love.

However, it IS summer and it's insanely humid, so sometimes I just don't want to stick my feet into muggy boots all day, you know? This is where the wonderful world of rubber sandals comes in. And there are a lot of good ones. I'm seriously lusting after the KORS, Dolce & Gabbana, and Givenchy rubbers above.

My only dilemma is that I hate the squeakiness that comes along with rubber shoes when you go inside...





No comments: